TCM® Enterprise Server
Handling thousands of turbines on a global network
TCM® Enterprise Server is a platform for large-scale TCM® installations capable of monitoring thousands of turbines. Collecting data and information in a centralized server provides a better overview of turbine sites, and makes it easier to pull out the needed data. With the TCM® Enterprise solution, you can configure and monitor thousands of wind turbines equipped with the TCM® solution integrated with your SCADA system.
- Effective, centralized remote monitoring of all of your wind farm sites
- Integrated within your SCADA system and other third-party applications (i.e. PI® from OSIsoft or MATLAB® from MathWorks) via WEB and OPC UA interface
- Efficient management: 1 operator can monitor up to 4,500 wind turbines
- Alarm handling on a global scale
- Secured data transfer: Handling of alarms even if the connection to the M-System is lost (requires connection to the wind turbine controller)
- Direct software deployment from the TCM® Enterprise to all wind turbines and TCM® Site Servers through the management interface
- Operate your Enterprise in parallel with utilities, independent power providers, service providers, or turbine manufacturers
- Take on an active or a passive monitoring role allowing you to train up to the day that you will overtake monitoring
What can you do with the TCM® Enterprise?
With the TCM® Enterprise solution, you can configure and monitor thousands of wind turbines equipped with the TCM® solution integrated with your SCADA system.
Wind turbines of the same model are assigned the same configuration, so you only have to maintain one configuration for each turbine model. We call it template-based configuration. These configurations are adaptable and thus able to inherit properties from other configurations. So, you can easily and effortlessly create new configurations from existing configurations.
You can use the TCM® Enterprise web interface or you can have alarms and status information sent to your SCADA system. You can use the web interface to manage your assets and to build up your own knowledge and historical database on root causes for faults and the maintenance of the wind turbines.
You can integrate the TCM® Enterprise through WEB or OPC UA to your SCADA system or a third party system e.g. a PI® system from OSISoft.
When you want to investigate a symptom or find the root cause of a fault, you can use the TCM® Ocular suite.
When a new release of TCM® software is available, you can deploy it from the TCM® Enterprise to all wind turbines and TCM® Site Servers through the management interface.
User management and security
The TCM® Enterprise has a robust user management system controlling accessibility and visibility to all functions and measurements. A secure https interface can be exposed to external users.
More TCM® Enterprise servers can operate in parallel – ensuring that utilities, independent power providers, and turbine manufactures can monitor the same wind turbines. This is convenient for training and the overtaking of other turbine parks e.g. when the warranty period ends or service responsibility shifts.
Active or passive monitoring roles
When replicating data to an Enterprise Server, you can have either an active or a passive role. This allows multiple parties to view the data that is collected in the Site Server at the same time in their respective Enterprise Servers. As an active monitoring body, you can modify measurement configurations and set specified alarms. As a passive user, you are able to monitor and categorize every event locally without interfering with the active monitoring body’s acknowledgement, but you cannot alter the configuration. Therefore, you pay a smaller fee for updating your software as a passive user because you don’t have the primary monitoring responsibility. Having a passive role allows you to build up your experience with alarm handling before the primary monitoring responsibility becomes yours.
For a list of what is possible as a passive or active user, download the TCM® Enterprise Server product description.